Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Rimmel Apocalips in Luna

Hey everyone!
Today I am 'reviewing a special type of lip makeup' (that is how my brother wanted me to start this, he's watching me type ahaha). But, I do suppose this product is special... yes as you can see by the title I gladly hopped onto the bandwagon and so far my ride has been a joy.. which will probably lead to an addiction! I expected the Apocalips to be really sticky and thick as they are titled as 'lip lacquers' but now I want more, particulary Celestial...

Luna is a gorgeous shade on the lips. It looks a lovely peach which is suprisingly natural, so different to the rather unappealing colour it is in the tube!

Lets begin this review with the packaging.


I really like the packaging actually! I think it is great, as the different lid (which you can't see very well in this image... sorry) is kind of glass like and jagged, and I also adore the gradient from black into the transparent end which displays the colour. There is no excess chunky casing, and as far as I have experienced, the packaging is overall sturdy and sleek.
 
The applicator is a doe foot, with a slight difference as there is a slight pit in the centre which means you can have more product on the applicator at one time. It is also slanted nicely so it fits the lips well.
 
 
There it is on the lips in natural lighting. Not bad, eh?! I love this colour so much for Spring, and I think it suits my skin tone really well. This product was incredibly creamy and not sticky what so ever. It can cling to dry patches, but other than that I cannot fault it. Wear time is approx. 3-4 hours, depending on if you eat or drink of course. Since buying this, I have worn it a lot and my favourite way to wear it is to apply a thick layer then blot so it appears really natural and subtle.
 
That is my post for today then! Thank you very much for reading and come gain soon!
 
Megan x
 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I've almost bought this so many times! It's a gorgeous colour and it looks amazing on your skin tone x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Go for it Megan! It's worth it :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Oh, it looks so pretty on!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is such a lovely colour! xxx

    http://beautyundressedd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep wanting to buy this but can't because of my spending ban.. Do these compare to the mac Lipglasses?

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worthy enough to cave for ;)
      I don't know, I really want to try some lip glasses but sadly, I don't own any!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. That looks so lovely on your lips, I doubt it would be my color. :)

    onecurator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Abigail!
      There are plenty more colours in the range that will suit you though :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x