Saturday, 20 April 2013

My Powder Blush Collection

Hey everyone!



I showed you my cream blush collection a while back, so today I thought I would show you the powder forms I own. Although I do prefer cream blushers, I do have more powders so this post should be a bit longer than the last.


The first (and I believe most recent purchase in terms of blusher) is a 17 Oh So Spring Cheek Stamp in Coral. I couldn't photograph it with the other blushes due to the awkward shaped packaging so shadows covered the actual colour, but it is a beautiful peachy coral with gold specks. I need to wear this more, it looks so natural and pretty.


Next two, we have a now discontinued (I think) Color Trend blush in Cheeky. I got this from Avon quite a while ago and the shade of this one is another peach, with a frosty pearl shimmer. Then, to the right of that, you can see a Sleek Blush in Rose Gold. Perhaps a dupe of a rather well known Nars shade, I love this colour! It's a peach/coral with large gold shimmer that is probably the most pigmented colour I have. In this case, my blush is part of the Face Form kit. I really want to try a blush from Sleek called Pixie Pink, I've realised I'm lacking in brights these days!


The more neutral of blushers inlude Rimmel Smoked Oyster, a shade that could be put on the lower of your cheek and act as a blush/contour. If you've been following me for a while now, you might remember this was a product I managed to find in the Boots clearance bin, for 50p! Next to that, another sale find called Coral Rose from Rimmel, again. This was £1.50 but probably is my favourite! I would describe the actual colour as a pinky/neutral with some shimmer that looks like a glow on the cheeks so you can give highlighter a miss if you're wearing this! Then, on the end, is a blush from MUA in  Shade 6. I don't know why I got this, but it is an incredibly pigmented but slightly dusty brown with gold shimmer. If I ever have a blog sale, perhaps this would go in it as I sadly don't have a use for it!
 
 
These last three are the more pinky of the bunch. My first ever blusher is to the left, by Me Me Me. It' called a Blush Me! Blush Box in Pink. The colour is such a beautiful bubblegum pink with some slivery shimmer, and I've included another picture close up to show how beautiful it is!
Next, there is another MUA blusher which I really like which is Shade 2. It's a really pretty plum with pink shimmery specks that looks suprisingly natural on the cheeks. The first time I properly wore this was last weekend, which is very naughty of me considering this was purchased in early autumn! Oh well, it stayed on really nicely actually!
Then, the last sale/clearance bin find, a Natural Collection blusher in Sweet Cheeks. Again, this one is very pretty and natural, similar to a colour you would actually blush. I got this for 50p! The colour is a matte medium pinky/coral.
 
 
Here's the swatches then!
17 Coral, Color Trend Cheeky, Sleek Rose Gold, MeMeMe Blush Me! Pink, MUA Shade 2, Natural Collection Sweet Cheeks, Rimmel Smoked Oyster, Rimmel Coral Rose, MUA Shade 6.
 
 
 
Thank you for reading!
 
Can you recommend me any bright blushes? Looking at the swatches, my collection looks rather dismal ahah!
 
Megan x
 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I love all of these colours! I need to invest in some more blushes because they are so pretty, this really helps- thank you :)

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Charlotte! I think I have a blush addiction ahah!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Love the rimmel blushes!
    www.buttonsandlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, thanks Natalie!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Love the pinky ones!
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the pinky ones too, they're so girly!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing all these colours. I NEVER wear blush but I'm inspired to now :)

    www.beautytobakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Becky?! Haha you haven't lived! ;) If you're looking to buy some cheaper good quality ones for starters, I really recommend the Natural Collection ones! They're £1.99 each or 3 for £5!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Lovely selection and nice colours! Personal faves are those with a more orange tinge!

    http://bigdreamstoreality.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaelina! I love ones that are quite corally/orange too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I have a Natural Collection blush, in Pink Cloud. They're so pigmented aren't they?! and such a bargain too. Also loving your MeMeMe blush, that colour is to die for!! xo

    megabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x