Wednesday, 24 April 2013

My Favourite Basecoat, Topcoat and Nail Hardeners

Hey everyone!
 
I have had images for this post for a long time now, so I think's about time I wrote it all up!
 

As you can see, I am getting quite low on all of these so repurchases are in order! I will go through each one and give you a bit of a run down!
 
This was the product I used to get my nails back in shape after biting them for a few years. I would paint on two coats and renew it when it started coming off. This stuff is GENIUS, honestly! The first time I used this was when I was younger, at my grandmother's house. I was just messing about, as you do when your little and painted one nail wih this. A few days later, I tried to chew on my nails and I was so shocked, because I physically could not bite through my nails! This is a fantastic product for people wanting to make their nails stronger or who perhaps have weak nails from previous experiences. You can also get this in 'Natural' which has a pinky tint to enhance the natural colour of your nails.
 
The cheapest product I have to show you today is a very good offering from Barry M. I use this as a basecoat, which it does well at being! I do like it as a topcoat, if only it dried quicker! I find when I use this as a finishing polish I got to sleep and wake up with marks on my nails. If you can get past that, it is very good at providing longevity with your manicure and a nice shine. If you consider the price, you can't complain!
 
Probably the best product in this post is a very quick drying, long lasting topcoat from Essie. I actually found this one in TKMaxx for £3.99! I am in desperate need of a new one (I'm holding on until my birthday!) as this one has dried up slightly and become thicker. The reason why I love this is because it is extremely quick drying and also has a wet-look gloss. I can't believe how I got by before I used this, it is that amazing!
 
All of the products have been linked too, so if you want to give any of them ago you can!
 
Thank you for reading, don't forget my giveaway!
 
Megan x
 
PS. Sorry my posts have been very short and snappy these days. I'm feeling a bit annoyed/off at the moment for personal reasons I wish not to explain, so currently I don't have the patience or time to get a full, in depth review done. I am going to get back on track this weekend, perhaps you would like to see a blog sale?
Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. These nail polishes sound good, I will try the Barry M one! Have you tried the Sally Hensen Miracle Nail growth?? It's really good!

    http://mabilicious.blogspot.co.uk/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually Maddie, I've heard lots about it though! I think I should give it a go, thanks for recommending it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. These sound lovely! I haven't tried the Barry M, but I'm curious to try it! My absolute favorite one has to be Seche Vite, it works wonders! <33

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! :))

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check out your giveaway, it sounds amazing!

      I've heard a lot about Seche Vite actually, it seems a great product!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x