Wednesday, 17 April 2013

MUA Ameretto Crush Nail Polish

Hey everyone!
 
 
This was in a haul literally a couple of days ago, and I painted my nails in it straight away. I have now removed it and I feel I can write a full review for you all.
 
I'm sure this packaging is very recognisable to everybody, with a clear bottle and the stamped logo at the side, as well as the white lid. Can you guess? Yup. Just like the polishes Essie have to offer for £7.99, but this one was £1! I believe the bottles of the MUA have considerably less product though, and the quality is sadly not up to scratch, but I love the colour!
 
 
 
Now you've got the jist of the packaging, lets take a look at what it actually looks like on the nails.
I must point out, the next photo is more colour accurate as the two bottle shots make it appear more of a terracotta colour, which it isn't. I would describe the colour as a beautiful dusty medium pink, that my nan aptly called 'quiet pink'!
 
 
I am wearing 2 coats there. Application was okay, it did apply with very visible brush streaks but it self levelled which I was impressed by and left a sheen to the nails. The downside is that the wear time was very short! I woke up the next morning and I had already chipped the side of one finger, and sadly that continued throughout the day to the point where the majority of nails had polish at the side missing, and I didn't do anything too damaging to my nails the day I wore this either, plus I added a coat of Essie Good to Go, so I am a bit disappointed to report that the longevitiy of this colour was rather bad...
 
If you're after a cute colour for a few days, definitely give this one a go! As I said before, this was £1 from Superdrug though they will be on their website too. The colour range is pretty basic but lovely all the same, who doesn't love the staples?!
 
Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post!
 
What do you think of the colour, any thoughts?
 
Megan x
 
 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. OOhhhh I just ordered like 10 of these from their website!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how much the packaging looks like essie! X

    Www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Hannah! They are considerably smaller though :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. This looks like a gorgeous colour, shame about the wear time but for £1, you can't complain too much! Love your blog :-) x

    curls-and-swirls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right Kat! I wish it did last longer, but hey ho!

      Megan x

      PS. I love your blog too! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. love that shade, it's quite unusual. Actually, I'd never thought to try MUA varnishes until now :) Scarlett x

    velvetmintlifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, the shade is not something I've come across before which is why I like it! MUA nail varnishes are good to build your collection, or if you want to try some unusual colours without a hefty price :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x