Monday, 1 April 2013

Influences of the Internet TAG!

Hey!
My second tag I have made up, if you would like to see my last click here! I don't think this tag exists, but if it does then I am by no means copying anyone!

Before you answer..

Copy and paste THE RULES:
1) You must state this tag was created by Megan at TheBeautyPier.
2) You must tag at least one person to do this. However, the more the merrier!
3) Let the person know you tagged them with a comment on their blog.
4)Title this post 'Influences of the Internet TAG!'
5) Enjoy!


1. Did other blogs convince you to start up your own?

I think we have all heard of blogs, but not many actually know the concept of one. This was what I was like, until I googled 'cheap nail polish' and 'where to find OPI and China Glaze in the UK'. The results were many nail blogs with blog sales, which is how I came to discover the blogosphere. Then, I began reading blogs, going onto Scrangie daily. I became addicted! Then I thought, well... give yourself a nice little hobby and make your own!

2. Have you joined a site because someone else in the blogosphere did?

Yup. A few weeks ago, I joined a site that Louise mentioned that sold photographs, I think it was Photobucket?! And picmonkey...


3. Is there a tip/regime you've gotten from the internet that you now use?

Definitely using olive oil with sugar as a mositurising scrub. Give it a try! It's sooooo nice, because the sugar exfoliates but then you have the olive oil which feels really nice on the skin and leaves it really soft! i try todo this weekly when I remember.

4. If your favourite YouTube/Blogger personality likes a product, will that make you buy it?

YES! Really badly actually.. I will research other reviews but if it is a cheap product, I will just imagine them saying 'for less than £5, you can't go wrong!'

5. What do you look for in a blog that makes you want to follow?

Of course, content is the most important and the regularity of posting. Then I look for pictures, and then the overall blog design and how easy it is to use.

6. Have you ever been decieved by a product that you ordered online? (e.g you thought it would be pink but it was coral)

Ermmm.... slightly, I imaginged the Dainty Doll concealer to be incredibly light but it wasn't, and there as a strange orange layer on the top...! I rarely order online though because I'm so tight I don't like paying postage haha!

7. Have promo pictures and press releases given you the impression that a product will be better than it is?

Yes, and this really frustrates me. I mean, if you are advertising a mascara, why use FALSE LASH INSERTS? We all know it isn't just for an even lashline!

8. Is there a product you could give a 'cult' status for being so good that you discovered through the internet?

Barry M nail polish. Best in the drugstore in my opinion! I have hardly ever had a fault with them, they're so smooth and glossy and delicious (not in an edible way, duh!) and cheap!

9. Is there a product you have tried and hated, but others have loved?

Hmmm...  not that I can think of actually.... I bet after I have published this it will come to mind!

10. Is there a Blogger/YouTuber that influences your fashion style? If so, who?

Definitely Zoe from zoella, I love the outfits she wears and her ombre hair! I also love Sammi at Beauty Crush, her style is amazing!

11. Is there a Blogger/Youtuber that influences your attitude each day/lifestyle?

I love taliajoy18 on YouTube, she is so inspirational as her spirits are so high and she is so lovely, whilst battling cancer. If I'm ever worried about something, I think of how she is so brave and it makes me put things into perspective. I also love the posts Louise does on Mondays, the quotes make you think and again, puts things into perspective.

12. How much time do you spend on the internet daily?

I want to be able to say 1 hour, but most likely nearer 2. That's if I count the amount of time I spend on my phone on the internet as well!

I TAG...
Leishaaxo
901 Lovely
Beautiful Dreams
Beauty By Alexia
Beauty By Sania
Candy Cosmetics
daintydaffs
Boys, Braces and Bow Ties
Charlotte's Confashions
Flowers In The Watering Can
Waite a Little
The Beauty Visual
Taylor + Life
Little Piece of Beauty
TheBeauBow
The Total Opposite
Effie
HauteDare
Emily's Blog


It would be great if you could all try it, say I tagged you! (If I didn't tag you, I'm really sorry! It must have slipped my mind (quote from Taylor's blog there I think!).
If you have been specifically tagged, I won't despise you if you chose not to give it a go, it's only fun!

Please remember to copy and paste the rules!

Also, if you do it, leave me a link in the comments so I can check out your answers!

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. Aw, lovely post! Might do this tag x
    Great blog too- will like it now!

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tag! I always think that primark clothes look really nice in the picture online but in store they always look really cheap
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that sometimes too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! I think I'll do it some time next week :)

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x