Sunday, 28 April 2013

Guilty Hauling...but still bargains!

I kinda went shopping... well I went to the seaside yesterday which happened to be home to a few shops, where I broke my spending ban already but the place wasn't somewhere I go often, so it was a case of 'YOLO'! (Cringe...)
 
 
My family and I strolled around the town, looking for a decent fish and chip shop when I came across a small (I believe individual) shop. IT WAS HEAVEN. They had a HUGE range of nail polishes, including a few shelves full of Sinful Colors and even the whole Revlon Top Speed range as well as many others for £1.99. They had some gorgeous Revlon glitters, but I knew they would be something I would only wear once so I managed to stay away.  They had so many products, most from America as some items said 'Target exclusive' and things like that. I could have spent all day in there. I still came home with a Sinful Colors polish called 'Daredevil' which is on my nails now and is the brightest neon pink I own. It is amazing, but incredibly hard to photograph!
 
 
 
I had to mess about with brightness and contrast in the above picture, but the colour is now quite accurate to real life!
 
Also in the store, they had the entire Dainty Doll range, all under £5! They even had the Wonderbalm, which I was so tempted by! In the end I left the shop quite content actually, with the last of the 3 cream blushes to complete my collection called 'Billion Dollar Babies' and a lipstick, called 'It's My Party' which was a beautiful cross between a red and a pink I could not leave behind. These two items were £2.99 each which wasn't as cheap as Fragrance Direct, but if you add postage it only works out a penny more expensive than if you got it online.
 
 Here's a few images of the lippy...
 
 
 (Sorry about the blurriness, my camera is good in natural light but as soon as the sun begins to go down, it struggles!)
 
And now the cream blush in 'Billion Dollar Babies'
 
 
 
 
As you can see, the colour of the cream blush is a taupe which I purchased to contour with. It is a lot more natural and subtle than my Sleek Face Form contour colour, so it is great for the more innocent makeup days.
 
The seaside trip didn't go to plan and we left earlier than expected, but on the brightside, we stopped off at an outlet centre. It had a few shops, the main ones being The Body Shop and another makeup discount store. To my sadness, it wasn't a CCO but similar to the one I had been in earlier. Realising I needed at least one of the Revlon glitters in my life, I purchased 'Sparkling' which I have wanted for a long time but I managed to save a lot of money, as it was £1.99!
 
 
 
Lastly, I walked past The Body Shop and popped in, which I always do but seldom by much at all. I found a set of 4 'Born Lippy' lip balms, which were £4.80! I couldn't let this bargain slip, so I got the pack which also contained another colour I already own, so the reason why you only see 3 here is because the other will be going into my giveaway.
 
 

 That's all then! I'm really sorry I haven't been posting much, life really does get in the way which I know everyone says, but it's truthful!
 
Talk to you all soon, thank's for reading!
 
Megan x




20 comments:

  1. That first shop sounds amazing! I also bought some of the Sinful Colors nail polishes in Boots yesterday. Can't wait to paint my nails tonight :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Becky! I am yet to find Sinful Colors in the Boots nearest me, but as soon as I do no doubt I will be spending my pennies on plenty of them! I actaully tried the pink one today, and I am so impressed with the formula!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. The sinful colours look absolutely fabulous! Want to get my nails coated in those badboys! :) Great selection!

    Megan xx

    littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally cannot take my eyes off of my nails since putting it on! If you ever see it, I really do recommend it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. That Sinful Neon pink is so striking! It's great!
    Also love the colour of the lipstick, and the deal you got for the lip balms was really good!

    Kathryn x

    http://enclosedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kathryn! On my nails it is literally mesmerising!
      I wasn't going to buy the lip balms at first, but then when I considered they were £1.20 each if you work it out!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Wow! You got some great bargains here Megan! I wish there were these kind of stores where I live it seems my house was as far away from the beach as possible!
    I'm starting to feel bad about my makeup obsession now though, as I have nowhere to store it all :o x

    Lauren x

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, but then today I sorted mine out and got rid of some of the items from old magazines that I didn't use, and it shrunk quite dramatically, I was so suprised!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. The Sinful neon pink looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks great on the nails, so bright!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. Great buys! I grabbed some Dainty Doll this week too, love It's My Party! xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like what you got Kat! I love the range too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. The sinful colours polish is so gorgeous! I am absolutely in love with the dainty doll lipstick it's such a gorgeous colour!! x

    http://styledvibes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both too, so summery!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty nail polish. Would be so good for day/ night and perfect for this time of year. Would love if you could check out my new blog.

    morethanpinkglitter.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so summery, I agree!

      Megan x

      Delete
  9. I've nominated you for an award! Here's the link for what you need to do.

    http://myfavoritedayblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-leibster-award.html

    Have fun!

    xo Em
    http://myfavoritedayblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love the nail polish, what a striking colour! Also, love the Daintydoll lipstick, been aiming to try this for a while and your post has made me what to try that shade!

    x

    http://diaryofawannabesomething.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail polish is so bright! If you can get your hands on the lipstick, do try it! It's a really gorgeous shade too :-)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x