Thursday, 18 April 2013

Batiste Big & Bouncy XXL Volume Dry Shampoo


Hey everyone!
 
 
 
 
Today, I am reviewing a dry shampoo from Batiste called XXL Volume. The simple idea is that it adds volume as well as stopping your hair looking greasy!
 
The packaging itself is nothing too fancy, just a spray nozzle can that is easy to use. I'm not too keen on the pattern on the outside, but it does the job I suppose!
 
Straight to the point on this one, I don't like this at all. I adore the original Batiste dry shampoos, but I think it is the volumising quality in this one which does not agree with my hair! I find it makes my hair feel powdery and dry, and it even clumped so it looked as if I had a beautiful gathering of dandruff on my hair line. Mmmm... lovely. I don't think it added much volume to my hair either sadly, but my hair is fine and straight so I never really expect much volume wise  anyway. When I purchased this product, it was half price in Superdrug which is why I gave it a go.
 
On a more positive note, I do love the normal Batiste dry shampoos!
 
Do you like this product? Or is there any other volumising hair products or dry shampoos you can recommend?
 
Thank you for reading!
 
Megan x
 

Follow this blog with bloglovin


Follow on Bloglovin
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I so nearly bought this the other day... sort of glad I didn't now! Though, it may work differently on my thicker hair? Wish they could do a travel-size version for me to try first? Or maybe they already do and I haven't seen it :)


    Becky xx

    www.beautytobakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may do Becky, my hair is quite fine so perhaps it was too much for it to handle! If they do a travel size version, give it a go, try before you buy :) I've seen a few Batiste minis in poundshops, perhaps try there?

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I love Batiste regular dry shampoo, but I think I'll give this a miss!


    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the regular ones too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Never tried a dry shampoo personally but when I do, I'll be sure to get the original ones I see in the drugstore. :)

    Kathryn x

    Enclosedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really Kathryn?! They're quite handy, especially when your hair needs a bit of a refresh inbetween washes!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. The wild ones the best by Batiste. :)

    Check out my blog :)

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    Kelouise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh I haven't heard of that one! Maybe I've been living under a rather cosy rock ;)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x