Thursday, 21 March 2013

thisWorks Sleep Balm Review

Hi!
I bought this sleep balm in TKMaxx, for £3.79. It was in a little special Christmas cracker, but the product inside is not seasonal at all. Not bad, considering the RRP is £12!
 
I sometimes find it difficult to sleep, so I am willing to try things like thsi to help me drift off!
 
 
I do really like the packaging. It does the job and lid is a screw top so you don't have to worry about everything being secure inside. It is also good for travel as the packaging is small, blue and plastic.
I also really like the font... is that weird?
 
 
The instructions say to apply to pulse points, so I put it on my wrists and my temples. I'm unsure of how this actually works, but the scent is a very herbal lavender fragrance which I'm not really a fan of but don't mind. The product does have moisturising properties, though I wouldn't apply this to dry areas.
 
 
Inside, the look is akin to Vaseline, a clear substance that takes an ivory tone.
 
I'm actually unsure if this helps me get to sleep or not. I do feel like it may have a placebo effect, in that I am just thinking it works and will not sleep without it on in case I can't get to sleep. Did that make sense?
I do feel more relaxed, but not as dramatic as my eyes close as my head hits the pillow, more of a... 'Mmm...sleep' way.
 
Would I repurchase? Probably not as it is very expensive. However, if I find another in TKMaxx I may, just incase when it is gone I realise how good it was.
 
If you have read this far, thank you! I apologise this post seems so jumbled :P
 
Megan x

4 comments:

  1. I think my lavender spray and calming tea are probably placebos too but I'll try anything in order to get to sleep!
    My blog – Cosmetics, clothes and cute things (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review!! I have trouble sleeping too :(

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberley!

      Oh dear, perhaps give some pillow sprays or sleep balms a go!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x