Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Seventeen Oh SO Spring Cheek Stamp in Coral

Hey everyone!
I know a few of you have been anticipating this review, so here it is!

 


Firstly, let's begin with the packaging. I love this products packaging, initially that is what drew me to it! The box is a cube shape, wih many bright colours in the pattern which appears to be floral, but just petals? I love everything about the cardboard box it comes in - I think I will keep it if it doesn't get too tatty! The actual product packaging is really nice too (not the worst or the best though), a baby pink with 'Seventeen' written on it. To open, you twist like your are opening a bottle and inside there is the product at the bottom and the sponge in the lid. There is also a mirror on the top, which is really handy though will get scratched and dirty as there is nothing to protect it, because it is situated at the top of the product on the outside.

 
 
 
 
The sponge can and will get dirty but I shouldn't think it will be too hard to wash. If you have a spray on blush cleaner that could do the trick. I would recommend you keep the plastic layer it comes with that separates the product and the sponge, because otherwise the continous stamping on your face then putting it back, directly onto the product could cause the blush to change colour or texture as the oils from your face are transferred.
 
The concept of this product is explained on the back of the packaging. The idea is, you stamp the sponge onto the apples of your cheeks, then blend out.
 
 
 

I have the shade 'Coral', purely because it was the only shade that they had a tester of. I think I might buy the other in Pink though, because as you will read, I love this!

I really agree with the 'Spring Glow' claim. The golden shimmer gives your face a 'lit within' look and you can miss highlight with this, I think it does the job itself!

As Charlotte asked in the comments, it does blend out nicely with either fingers or brush, however if you apply this over foundation that is still wet you tend to have a harder time blending! You do get a lot of blush on the sponge, so stamp carefully!

 
 
 
 
 Above, I stamped onto my hand and also did a swatch using my finger. As you can see, the look is quite sheer but buildable. The consistancy of the product is nice, perhaps a little too on the powdery side to touch, but that doesn't translate to the skin. The actual colour is beautiful; a peachy coral with fine gold shimmer which gives the glow I like. I love this on the cheeks! It looks so healthy and natural which is great as they are two things I do look for in a blush.
 
I find it lasts around 5 hours on unprimed skin, which I didn't think was too bad. Especially as it is only £4.99! Get it quick, this is Limited Edition!
 
Overall, I would recommend this 100%. I love the idea and how compact and good for on the go it is. Please Seventeen, do these in face powder for? They would be such great products, and stamping with a sponge wouldn't move your foundation!
 
Want to buy? You can find it on the Boots website, or instore. However, the product on the Boots website does not link to buy, so perhaps only instore? Or maybe a Boots man/lady did a link mess up!
 
Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed!
 
Megan x
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

27 comments:

  1. Ohhh I like the way it comes out but I'm not so keen on the actual packaging! The box is lovely but the tube is just a bit 'meh' :/
    My blog – Cosmetics, clothes and cute things (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there Helen, it isn't the worst but definitely could be better!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I think I need this product! It looks so quick and easy to use! :)x
    Lauren x

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of this product, the packaging reminds me of Benefit :) Does it blend out nicely or remain in the circle from the stamp?

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlotteconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Charlotte!
      Haha, I should have included that! I have updated the post, but yes, it does blend easily with either fingers or brush, but if you apply it over wet foundation you have a hard time blending!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, it looks really good! Xxx

    taylorpluslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Taylor!
      Give it a swatch if you see it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. This looks so cool! Great post :)

    Love your blog, new follower :) If you have a minute, maybe check out mine? Alara x x

    http://thevanitylondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alara!
      I will take a look now!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. This looks pretty good! The box is so pretty! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm buying this the next time I'm in boots!! The packaging reminds me of Benefit and I love the stamp idea. Pretty colour :) Love the review

    Jaime xx

    catsclothesandcupsoftea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, Jaime!
      If you buy it, let me know how you get on with it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of this product, great pictures. I think i'm going to try this is i see it when shopping :)x

    daintydaffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbie!
      Give it a go :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  9. This is such a creative way to apply blush, definetly going to look for this in stores :)

    -Yaz.xx
    Hisociety101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too, I haven't seen anything like it Yaz!

      Megan x

      Delete
  10. I don't really use blush... but I just love that box so much. Great packaging makes such a difference!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Nice packaging means I'm more likely to want to buy it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Give it a go! I think the idea is so lovely and even if you don't like it, the box can still look good on your dressing table! Haha :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  12. This looks so cool, I've never seen anything like it! great review :)

    www.andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Anna! Thank you :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  13. This is a fantastic idea for a blush, I shall need to snap one up! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cool product!!!
    xx
    daniella
    hope you check out my blog!
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x