Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Rimmel Blush in Smoked Oyster

Hi!
I have owned this blush for a few weeks now, after buying it for 50p in a Boots clearance!
I picked up a 17 Miracle Matte primer for the same price, as well as a blush in Coral Rose for £1.50 and a No.7 Blend and Contour brush for £2. So check out your Boots!

 
 I find this colour to be a neutral brown blush, with hints of pink shimmer that are very hard to see.

 
Again, as with my other Rimmel Blush, the packaging does its job and is simply black but can look tacky due to the shiny plastic ( I always think that matte black looks more sleek and expensive).
 
I love this blush, I don't own anything like it and I think it is perfect to warm the cheeks without being rosy. It is very natural in colour and would be great for those who may have just gotten into makeup and can be a bit heavy handed at times, as I think this blush will be forgiving to excess application as it is not something like a scary pink.
 

The formula on these blushes is a little powdery but I don't find it too much to handle. They wear around 4-5 hours before they need a touch up, but this has prompted me to try their other blushes, I love the dinky, non-excessive packaging!

If you see a blush for 50p, certainly buy it!
Let me know your thoughts!
Thank you for reading guys!
 
Megan x

 

10 comments:

  1. Great price and love the colour, I definitely need a few more neutral shades like this :) x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's certainly a bargain! Looks very pretty as well xo

    taylorpluslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) what camera do you use?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you!
      My camera is a Sony Cyber Shot 8.1 MP, thats what it says on the front so I believe that's what it is called!
      It's around 7 years old and it was bought on a family holiday!
      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Wow what a bargain!! Would love to see what it looks like on face skin though :)
    Darn, I missed out on being your 11th follower lol
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my post by the way!!

    xo
    http://verrism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Haha, being the 14th is fine too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I have this. I find it's a little drying on my skin, is it like that for you?

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you very much for commenting!

      I don't think so, next time I wear it I will pay close attention and try to get back to you!

      I've just checked your blog, it's very good!!!
      Don't forget to follow mine whilst you're here!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x