Sunday, 31 March 2013

Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover

Hey everyone!
 
I had pics of this product as I was going to feature it in a haul, but I never did so I thought I would do a review!

 
Before this, I had never used an eye makeup remover. Looking back now, I don't know how I coped removing waterproof mascara every night!


The concept of the 'Double effect' is that there is an 'aqueous phase' and an 'oil phase' which you shake to combine them and then squirt some onto a cotton pad. The only down side of the two 'phases' is that they do not stay mixed for long, in fact you shake it and 2 seconds after they have split up again. But, hey ho, its oil and water so what do you expect? For this, I use the round cotton wool pads, and gently rub my eye, trying not to tug. It takes eyeshadow off in an instant, but to remove mascara I look up but with my eyes closed and wiggle the cotton pad on my lashes. That doesn't sound like it would work at all, but I try to avoid rubbing the delicate eye area as much as possible!


The oil in this eye makeup remover does make it feel very greasy, however I don't mind as I think it protects my eye area too. I wash my face straight after using this, so it doesn't bother me.

You can find this item in Boots, Superdrug and Asda, but no doubt you can find it in other supermarkets too. I found this one for £1.50, no 'rollback' in Asda, which was such a bargain as Boots sell it for over £3.29! I have linked the Superdrug site, which will direct you to the page to buy this product where it is currently half price. Sadly, I can't find it on Boots at the moment!

Looking for a budget friendly, eye friendly eye makeup remover? Give this a go. I find it very effective at doing the job!

Thank you for reading!

Megan x

Follow on Bloglovin'! I don't want you all to be lost when GFC does its thing!


Follow on Bloglovin

Also, perhaps you could answer my poll at the top right sidebar? It will help me improve my blog!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Going to see if I find this! I really need a new waterproof makeup remover, I've been using the Neutrogena one and it's rubbish!

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? I find this is very good at waterproof makeup removal so give it a try!

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x