Monday, 11 March 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof - Before/After

Hi to my 27 followers! Yay!!
 
The mascara I am writing about today is what I use daily, and it is 'The Rocket' by Maybelline. I got this from Boots for £5.99 when it was £2 off, but at the usual price of £7.99 I still would have got it!
 
Lets start with the packaging. It is an electric blue colour with blue writing. The non-waterproof is the same electric blue but with pink writing. I am very pleased that Maybelline made this mascara in a waterproof variation, as sometimes a new mascara will come out that looks so good, but I can't get it because I refuse to wear anything but waterproof! The reason for this is because I wear contact lenses quite regularly.



Now, the brush. I'm quite open to plastic bristled brushes. I know some people prefer the normal bristles, and others the opposite but I'm unsure what I prefer. This brush is very chunky, however the plastic bristles are short and grab every lash easily. This is why I like plastic bristles, because sometimes I feel normal ones don't get every lash but maybe that's just me.


Ok, so what does it do to my lashes?

For BEFORE and AFTER, CLICK the JUMP!!!

 

BEFORE...

 

Here I have curled my eyelashes with the Primark eyelash curlers only.
 

AFTER...


Not bad, eh?!
(Apologies for my eyes looking totally different shapes in each picture, it's the angle I'm taking the picture at!)

I find the mascara lengths and volumises my eyelashes, and though it doesn't appear here, it does hold curl. I think I over curled my lashes so they ended up quite straight again haha! Another thing I like is that this mascara doesn't clump at all! Bonus!

I also really love this mascara on my bottom eyelashses! You must be careful as it is very easy to get mascara everywhere, but when it's on they appear thicker but not spidery.

On the back of the tube it says:

"JET-GLIDE BRUSH  - MASCARA VOLUME IN ROCKET TIME! CLUMP FREE AND WATERPROOF!"
 
I don't quite get the rocket time thing, I would take the same time on this mascara as any other but the rest is very true, clump free and waterproof! It doesn't smudge and has incredible staying power, and as for it being waterproof that is quite real!
 
This mascara here is why I only own one high end mascara. You can get the same results but from the drugstore!
 
Also, a super quick EOTD. It's very neutral and mostly matte but whilst we are here, why not?
 
All over my lid is the Collection 2000 Smokey Eyes Palette - the cream pink eyeshadow (I may review that, it's a very good little palette actually, let me know). In my crease is ELF Pebble, all over the lid is MUA Shade 3, and patted gently on top to give a nice sheen as well as on the browbone and inner corner slightly, MUA Undressed palette - the first colour (UD Bootycall dupe I think?)
 
Thank you very very very much for reading, and if you would like to see more EOTDs then let me know in the comments!
 
Megan x

14 comments:

  1. It looks great, thanks for sharing!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your welcome!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I think I need this mascara!
    I love your eyeshadow too!
    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lauren!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I have heard loads aboout this mascara, will have to give it a try. Looks good. Love your eyebrow shape!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I pluck them myself!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is,
      Thank you Taylor!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Just followed as well, love!

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Crystal!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. This mascara sounds great! I'm always a big fan of Maybelline ones and I'll definitely be picking this up for my holiday abroad when I need some waterproof mascara for the beach! Xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline is a really great brand, what other ones could you recommend from them?
      What a great idea, we can't be having panda eyes at the beach!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. Thank you sooo much on this review! I needed a new mascara case I've been using the same one for years! But based on your review It does everything that I need in a mascara! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x