Sunday, 31 March 2013

Haul and possibility...

Hey everyone!

So... because I have an ever so slight shopping addiction... I kind of brought stuff. I'm going to show you and then discuss the possibility of makeup spending bans because my collection is growing faster than I'm using things up and currently, I have no room!

Firstly, I purchased some things from Asda. I knew I had to get this book because I want to start reading again and after I saw this on a few other blogs and I do love a good bandwagon haha, I thought I would give it a go for £3.75.


My mum recieved a few NSpa products for her birthday from friends, and I adored the scent. In Asda, there was money off the products so I ended up getting the fragrance, which I was so happy they made! I think this was £3 instead of £3.95. Not a huge saving, but when you see that little yellow rollback sign you can't help it!

 
I also purchased some cotton pads from Asda, but they're boring essentials so I'm sure you'll know what they look like!
 
Afterwards, I took a trip to Boots. I ran out of my Soap & Glory Hand Maid, but I wanted a cheaper alternative so I found this one by Cuticura. I don't like they surgical scent of most sanitizers so this one looked nice as the scent is Passion Flower and Mango. This was only £1.30 for 100ml which was great compared to the S&G alternative which is 50ml for £2.50.
 
 
Also in Boots, I had a browse in their clearance section and found two amazing things! The first thing I noticed was a Natural Collection blusher in Sweet Cheeks. The colour is like a dusty pink/coral and it is completely matte. I'm wearing it now and I love it! The best bit, this was 50p!!! The only fault with it is that the pan falls out but it's nothing serious that a bit of glue can't fix!
 

 
Probably the biggest bargain EVER. I managed to find this 'Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Liner' in Sequins from Stila for £2! This is quite confusing as the store I go to doesn't even sell Stila, but no way will I complain! I tried this out yesterday and it is really easy to use and looks really glamourous because of the small silver glitter pieces. Yay!
 

 
Lasting, I went to Poundland. I saw that Poundland did nail stamping kits on Helen's blog - linked. I got so excited, but only managed to find the tip one. There's a few more Poundlands I can look in when I am out and about so hopefully I will find the other design in there!

 
Also from Poundland I got some rollers, because my hair is always so flat I'm willing to try most things that give bounce and volume! (Let me know any recommendations!) However, they get stuck in my hair and are inredibly sticky/spikey/attach to your clothes all the time and when I used them I felt they damaged my hair too much as I practically had to rip them out! They are now property of my nan as her hair is a lot shorter and I don't think she minds as much about hair health.
 
 
Lastly, I popped into Next and got this slouchy, coral tshirt for £12. This is on the more expensive side of things, but the quality is outstanding and it is ridiculously soft!
 


 
 So, there you have my haul! I am thinking about a spending ban, because the more I spend on makeup, the less I spend on clothes and I find myself moaning about my wardrobe. So, if anyone would like to join me on a makeup only spending ban (meaning I won't buy any makeup, only clothes etc.) let me know! Or perhaps a project 10 pan, that would be really fun too!
 
Thank you very much for reading and don't forget to follow whilst you're here!
 
Megan x
 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. What a steal with the Stila eyeliner! And I do the exact same; I go out and buy makeup when I'm complaining on how 'little' clothes I have!xxx

    taylorpluslife.blogpsot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Taylor! From now on... no makeup purchases for me. Gulp.

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Love the look of the Stila eyeliner a review would be great?


    www.littlepieceofbeauty.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Leigh! I took pictures a few hours ago so look forward to it soon!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Haha I'm glad that someone reads my blog posts!
    If you can't find the other one, drop me a message and I'll hunt it out here for you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Helen!
      I will give a few more places a look and see if I can find it :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. You are so lucky with the Stila eyeliner find! It's gorgeous! Great post :)

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! Keep your eyes peeled ;)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Lovely post and haul. I too like Natural Collection's make-up range!
    I will definitely look out for some of these products.

    Kathryn x
    http://enclosedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should try more form the range, so far so good!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I'm definatley going to have to check out poundland for the nail stamping kit - that's an amazing bargain! :) love your blog! Rachel x

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x