Sunday, 10 March 2013

ELF Studio Eyeshadow in Pebble

Hi!

You may have seen this in my ELF haul, so here is a review!

In real life, the colour is slightly darker.

'Pebble' (see what I did in the image, eh, eh?!) is a simple taupey grey/brown satin colour. I say satin, it has minute shimmer that I wouldn't class as a shimmer eyeshadow.

Here is a swatch in natural daylight. I swiped my finger around the pan once or twice.



The pigmentation isn't the best from an eyeshadow I have seen, neither is it the worst. Somehow, inbetween? The texture is lovely, smooth without being overly buttery or powdery. I find the product does last, but only for around 8 hours and it does fade, which is slightly annoying but this does improve with some sort of primer.
I use this particular shade to contour my socket and crease on more neutral days. It looks very natural and blends very easily.
 
 
This is the outside packaging. I find that it is reminiscent of something from Nars due to the rectangular shape with rounded edges and the section at which it closes. It does the job and has not come open unexpectedly, so its good for your handbag as it is quite sturdy.
 
Overall, I would repurchase this product. I love the colour, so that is the reason why I would do so as it neither too warm or too cold of a shade.
 
Have you tried any ELF eyeshadows, or do you know of a similar colour I could also try?
Please let me know your thoughts below in the comments, and whilst you're here, it would be lovely if you could follow!
 
Thank you for reading!
 
Megan x

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. their packaging is so cute, just like NARS!

    really like your blog, have followed you :) i'll leave a link to my page, follow back if you like it :)

    B xxx

    http://beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!

      I'm very happy to follow you, but I can't seem to find your GFC widget!

      If you do read this, please get back to me to tell me where it is, I've probably not noticed it!

      Thank you very much for your comment, it does mean a lot!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. This looks like a really nice every day colour x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice color... Elf is a great price for what you get! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!

      Of course, I will pop over now!

      Thank you so much for your comment!

      PS. I'm new to blogging so perhaps you could tell me a bit about Bloglovin'?

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I literally looked at the product and went ohh that looks like something from nars, then I read your writing haha, great minds and all that! I love the colour as well, definitely something I'd wear!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they are very similar packaging wise!

      It's a lovely wearable colour, I have been using it every single day since I got it!

      Thank you very much for commenting!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. Hi lovely blog, nice colour!.

    I am now following, please check out my blog and follow :)

    xxx

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Thank you for following also! Of course, I will follow back now!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. great post <3

    http://satisfashiontheblog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your blog!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x