Friday, 1 March 2013

E.L.F Haul - First Purchases

Hey!
On Sunday, due to ELF having a buy one get one free on all Studio products, my friend Lauren and I (who I have mentioned before, visit her blog here!) decided to do a BOGOF on 5 things, so in total the order was for 10 products which we split to what we individually wanted and halfed the price and postage, so in total we payed £10.85 each for 5 items and postage. Not bad at all!

Enough, rambling, I will jump in to what I bought!

1. ELF Studio Pressed Powder.
 
 
I am in some ways disappointed with this, not because of the formula as I am yet to experience it, but the colour. I am really pale at current as my day to day life involves me being indoors the majority of the time, plus it is very gloomy outside. I ordered shade 'Porcelain', the lightest shade available, but have found it too orange and dark, after applying some to my nose today, but hey ho, I will give it a true test tomorrow!

2. ELF Studio HD Blush in Superstar.
 

I am in love with this! The image on the website portrays the colour to be a very orangey coral, but in real life it is a slightly dusty pink. Either way, I really like it!

3. ELF Studio Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted.
 
 

I have oogled Mac Rose Gold pigment for around 4 months now, after seeing how beautiful it looked on Tanya Burr's lids and the gorgeous, healthy glow it gave to her face. Now this isn't a true dupe or anything, nor am I claiming it to be, but the pink base and gold shimmer is close enough for my liking!
 
4. ELF Studio Fan Brush
 
 
 
 
I have been wanting a fan brush for a while now so this was a good opportunity to try one out at a low price point. The bristles are soft enough, clearly not the best quality as my Real Techniques brushes are, but for a mere £3.75, not bad!
 
5. ELF Studio Single Eyeshadow in Pebble
 
 
 
I saw one image on Google and knew this had to be mine. It is a brown taupe, not a grey green shade as it appears to my camera. Definitley reminiscent of a pebble colour, with a great, buttery texture too!
 
So, there you have it. My first purchase from ELF. In terms of customer service, ELF were fab and although this took 2-3 days to dispatch, we had 5 days from when we ordered to when it came so well done, speedy ELF!
 
Do you have any ELF recommendations that I should try out next time?
Let me know in the comments!
Thank you for reading this post :)
Megan x
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x