Sunday, 17 February 2013

Top 5 Lip Balms

Hi!
Lip balms to me are essential. So, for my post today, I would like to introduce you to my current favourite ones, that have helped my poor lips throughout the winter months!
 
1. Nivea Pure and Natural Milk & Honey Lip Balm
 
 
I bought this after reading so many reviews I could not resist any more! This is the most moisturising out of all the lip balms I am going to show you today, it feels very smooth and thick on the lips and mine is now down to a stump I have used it so much! I actually like the scent, it is a honey fragrance which I find quite cosy. The downside in my opinion is the yellow bullet, I understand it has no colour pay off but it just doesn't look as nice as others!
 
 
2. Nivea Lip Butter - Raspberry Rosé
 
 
I bought this balm in Tesco for £1.99, though in Superdrug it can be found for 50p cheaper. The fragrance on this is amazing, I can definitly smell the raspberry and it is just so sweet without being sickly! The texture on this is very thick and as FleurDeForce said, a teeny bit waxy. However, I do find it does a good job at moisturising and it tints the lips a baby pink.
 
3. Yes to Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter - Mint
 
 
I don't even know how a lip balm can be fresh, but this feels so light and tingly on the lips it is perfect to wake yourself up during the day! I love the mint fragrance and that it is organic, again, this is extremely mosturising and gives Nivea a run for their money!
 
4. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Lip Balm
 
 
I love this lip balm as it has a nice subtle scent of cocoa and has good moistursing properties for the price. I think that this can be found the cheapest out of all 5, I got mine from Sainsbury's for £1.23 in a deal. The formula is creamy and smooth and I love how it feels on my lips. Also, I don't mind throwing this in my bag or my pocket as it is so widely available and budget friendly!
 
5. Thisworks Turbo Balm
 
 
I use this at night because the scent is quite soothing and it is really good at keeping lips soft. I bought this for £3.79 in TKMaxx in a christmas cracker (probably left over seasonal stock) as well as a Sleep Balm for the same price. RRP is £10.00, which I personally would not pay but I do enjoy using this at night!
 
Have you tried any of teh above? What's your favourite balm?
Let me knwo in the comments!
Thank you for reading! :)

8 comments:

  1. That Nivea one sounds lovely! I would really recommend Blistex for a deep moisturising lip balm, best to apply before sleep as it's not the best product to wear on the go but it works wonders!

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, Gavina! Thank for the recommendation, I will certainly try that out when I go shopping next! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that ThisWorks one in TK Maxx just before Christmas and for some really annoying reason I didn't purchase! I wish I had!

    Great reviews!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done things like that before, but then I get really frustrated so now if I'm insure whether to buy something, I do anyway haha, good for my mood but not for my purse! ;)
      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. The coco butter formula looks work! Everyone looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      Megan x

      Delete
  5. My favorite chapstick is Carmex! :D

    http://simplymee89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x