Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Nivea Express Hydration Primer (Normal/Combination) Review

Hi again!
Today I have a review of a fairly new product from Nivea, called the Express Hydration Primer.
I have the Normal/Combination variety (there is also a Dry/Sensitive) which I don't find at all harsh on my skin, considering my skin is usually dry and sensitive.
 

 
Yes. I just swatched a rather colourless product. Why? To show you the rather strange texture. It's akin to a gel texture, and is quite thin and almost watery when you begin to rub it into the face. Afterwards, my face does feel moisturised and no longer tight like it feels after cleansing. It does even out the texture of my skin but as I don't tend to suffer with visible pores, so I can't comment truthfully if a pore refining primer is what you are after.
 
When it is on your face it makes your skin feel more plump and smooth to touch. You can feel the product on your face for a while, but your skin does feel refreshed, and the cucumber scent just tops it all off!
Due to its moisturising and smoothing properties, I use this on no-makeup days and have experienced no troubles, so overall this is a great multiuse product.
I love that the moisturiser and primer are combined, as otherwise I don't tend to prime in the morning because I am usually limited of time as it is. I find my makeup does look 'fresher for longer' but not for hours on end. I would say it prolongs wear time for up to 3 hours on my skin (Combo/Dry/Normal?!)
Would I repurchase? Yes, unless another company reveals something similar I can try.
 
Rating: 3.5
Where to buy:

4 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this primer, and it's so cheap too! Definitely going to give it a go next time I'm in Boots or Superdrug.


    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good, especially as it is so cheap!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x