Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo On and On Bronze - Swatches & Review

Hey everyone!
So I recently bought this Color Tattoo with the Boots 3 for 2 offer, I love those things!
I chose On and On Bronze as I thought it would be a lovely colour to use as a smokey eye base, a liner, a crease colour or under the lower lashline. It was also to me the most wearable colour from the range, as it is such a neutral colour whereas the gold is a little too yellow for me though I still bought that one anyway (post coming soon!).
On and On Bronze is a medium bronze brown with pearly shimmer.
Product in Natural Lighting.

Product Side View - I think the packaging is misleading as to how much product you get.

I found the formula of this product to be very nice. It was smooth and creamy without being too wet or too dry and unworkable. I found the cream shadow to dry quite quickly, therefore there isn't really too much time to play with these once they are on your lid.

Blended

Unblended
Showing up blue toned here? Silly camera!

For wear this product ticked all the boxes. It maintained its pigmentation throughout the day for 12 hours until I removed it. There is no doubt that this product would have still stayed on my lid after that, I just needed to sleep so consequently had to take it off!
Please note, my lids are rather dry/normal, therefore I would imagine wear time would be less with oiler lids. I did not use primer.
I found no fading from On and On Bronze and I will definately be wanting to purchase more colours.
My only moan is that I believe there are limited edition shades in the US which we don't have access to with the exception of Ebay.
Overall, a nice idea with great staying power!
PS. I noticed Superdrug had new shades in! I swear I saw Persistently Pink, Timeless Black, 25K Gold and Light in Purple! However, they can be found on the Boots website but currently not on Superdrug (all shades £1 off, so £3.99)!

Maybelline On and On Bronze Color Tattoo can be found here and here.
 Another PS - the images are water marked 'MegaNails' because that was my old blog I was planning to post them on before I made this one! Hope you don't mind!

10 comments:

  1. I've got the Pink Gold colour tattoo and I really like it, this one looks lovely too!

    Lovely blog, i'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberley!
      I always look at that Pink Gold, you've made me want to try it even more!
      Thank you for following, it means a lot!
      :)

      Delete
  2. I recently got one of these myself but the same goes for Australia we don't have a big color :(
    Anyways I definitely followed ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for following! :)
      I wish we had more colours, being as they are so great!
      Megan x

      Delete
  3. This is my go-to eye product! I love it so much, and it's really versatile,you can use it in the crease, or all over the lid!

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment,
      It's mine too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I am loving these products but not too sure if i should try them myself but i think i should true the bronze one!
    http://boysbracesandbowties.blogspot.co.uk/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bronze is one of the most neutral, so if you are looking for a more wearable shade go for this one!

      Megan x

      PS. Checked out your blog and followed!

      Delete
  5. Such a gorgeous color!
    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x